I have a new obsession! I can’t get enough of it and I don’t know how I possibly survived before my latest discovery.
SWEET POTATO SLIDERS!!!!!
They are bite sized pieces of a healthy and heavenly snack. (You can add a side dish to make it a meal.)
Here is what you need:
- 1.5 pound ground turkey or lean ground beef, thawed
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1.5 tsp steak seasoning
- 2 large sweet potatos
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Toppings of your choice: Chopped onions, avocado, turkey bacon, tomato
- Mix ground turkey with garlic salt and steak seasoning. Shape into mini patties (about 1/4 of a cup meat). Set aside. **size of your patties depends on the size of sweet potato slices you have since they will be the bun.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven at 400 for 20-30 minutes (flipping half-way through). You want edges to be slightly crispy.
- While potatoes are roasting, grill the burgers. Place patties on a well-heated grill flipping after 3-4 minutes, and cook until cooked through (and desired done-ness).
- Assemble burgers, placing a mini burger in between two roasted sweet potato slices. Garnish as you wish!